10 to 12
“Providing students with safe, positive, diverse learning opportunities” Avery Outreach School offers an alternate education centre for students in grades 10-12. Avery Outreach School is comprised of five high school classrooms that can physically accommodate up to 18 students at a time. Each classroom has a full-time teacher and a full-time educational assistant to support student learning. Counseling support is also available. Avery Outreach School offers correspondence based programming where students work independently on one academic course at a time. Option courses such as Art, Food Studies, and P.E. are also offered to students attending full-time. Programming is based on the individual needs of the student and success is dependent on the effort of the student.
“Providing students with safe, positive, diverse learning opportunities”
Avery Outreach School has a shared commitment, with community, to empower students to be lifelong learners and responsible members of society.
At Avery Outreach School all individuals will model:
- Acceptance of diversity to enable individual growth.
- Accountability for choices and actions.
- Collaboration through our relationships with staff, students and community.
- Commitment to self, others and education.
- Compassion through empathy, patience and understanding.
- Pride in self, school and community.
- Respect for self, others, authority, and environment.
At Avery Outreach School we believe:
- In the importance of a quality education, and the celebration of successes.
- In a climate of mutual respect and fair treatment.
- In a shared working relationship between students, staff and community.